Glen Mawr school closes doors. Glen Mawr School; 651 Spadina Ave.; shown in (3) has closed its doors after nearly half a century. The school was founded in 1887 by Miss Elizabeth Veale; shown in (1); who was principal of the school until 1912. (2) is Miss J. G. Stuart; principal of Glen Mawr from 1912 till June of this year. She has received an appointment to the staff of Queen's University Kingston.